Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
This dish is so smooth that it will find its way to your heart in just one bite! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat, I’m telling you! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go. Enjoy!
1½ lb 1-inch-thick sirloin steak
1/3 c cornstarch
¼ c canola oil
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
4 tbsp garlic, minced
Red pepper flakes or chilli oil
1/3 c reduced-sodium tamari sauce (for gluten-free), or soy sauce if you prefer
½ c water
1/3 c brown sugar
8 stalks scallions, green parts only, cut into 2-inch pieces
1. Prepare the steak by slicing it into 1/4-inch cuts.
2. Cover them with plastic wrap and use a meat mallet gently pound them.
3. Transfer the beef slices inside a resealable bag as well as cornstarch. Massage the bag until well combined.
4. Place a frying pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
5. Add canola oil and allow it to become hot.
6. Add the steak and cook each side for a minute or until brown. Remove from the pan onto a clean plate. Season it with salt.
7. In the same pan, add garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Sauté until aromatic.
8. Add water, tamari, and brown sugar. Stir until well mixed, then allow the mixture to boil.
9. Put the steak back to the pan and stir until well coated with the sauce.
10. Cook for another 30 seconds or until the sauce becomes thick.
11. Remove from the heat, then add the green onions and stir until well mixed.
12. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Serve this dish over noodles or rice. Enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!