Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
A big thanks to my sister, Heather, for sharing this recipe with me. Now, allow me to share it with you as well! What an easy yet very delicious soup that you and your loved ones are going to love! Dinner will be awesome again with this Amazing Shrimp Bisque! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat!
5 tablespoons flour
2 c tomato sauce
2 pounds of shrimp chopped
½ stick butter
64 ounces of chicken broth
2 celery stalks finely chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 green onions finely chopped
2 c half & half
Candied bacon pieces (optional for topping)
Salt & pepper to taste
2 tablespoons garlic minced or paste (about 2 cloves if minced)
1 c white wine
½ c Parmesan
1. Place a deep soup pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add 2 tbsp of garlic and chopped celery. Sauté until aromatic.
4. Add 2 pounds of shrimp and green onions. Cook for about 3 minutes.
5. Add 1/2 stick of butter and allow it to melt.
6. Sprinkle 5 tbsp of flour, then stir and cook for about 5 minutes.
7. Add 1 cup of white wine, then stir until well blended. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the pot to get the browned bits. Simmer for a few minutes until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
8. Add 2 cups of tomato sauce, then stir until well blended.
9. Add the chicken broth, then stir again until well blended. Simmer for a few minutes over low heat.
10. Add half & half, then stir and cook for a minute.
11. Add 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and stir until well blended.
12. Adjust the heat to medium, then simmer for a minute. Sprinkle salt and pepper to season.
13. Serve hot and enjoy!
Calories: 379kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 328mg | Sodium: 2218mg | Potassium: 636mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 779IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 341mg | Iron: 4mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!