Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 50 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 8 Servings
Old but gold! This American Goulash will always be my comfort food! With just one pot, you can make this incredibly delicious dish! Try it now!
2 15 oz. cans of tomato sauce
1 large onion diced
Fresh Italian parsley chopped
2 c elbow macaroni noodles uncooked
2 lbs. ground beef
3 bay leaves
1 tbsp beef base or bouillon
2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
4 cloves garlic minced
1 c cheddar cheese shredded
3 c water
2 tsp paprika
1 tbsp Seasoned salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 15 oz. cans of diced tomatoes (one petite diced)
3 tbsp soy sauce
1. Place a large stockpot on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add the ground beef, then cook until crumbly and brown. Leave about 2 tbsp of the accumulated fat and discard the rest. Transfer the browned beef onto a clean plate.
3. In the same pot, add the onion and sauté for a few minutes until translucent.
4. Add garlic and sauté until aromatic.
5. Put the ground beef back into the pot. Add the cans of tomatoes, water, bay leaves, beef base, black pepper, Italian seasoning, paprika, and seasoned salt. Stir until well blended. Allow the mixture to boil.
6. Turn the heat down to low, then cover the pot and simmer everything for about 20 minutes.
7. Add the noodles, then stir until well mixed.
8. Cover the pot again, then simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes or until the pasta is cooked. Make sure to stir from time to time during the cooking process to prevent the pasta from sticking.
9. Remove from the heat, then add the cheese and stir until well blended.
10. Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley on top to garnish.
11. Serve and enjoy!
Calories562kcal (28%) | Carbohydrates45g (15%) | Protein29g (58%) | Fat29g (45%) | Saturated Fat12g (60%) | Cholesterol95mg (32%) | Sodium1601mg (67%) | Potassium367mg (10%) | Fiber2g (8%) | Sugar1g (1%) | Vitamin A410IU (8%) | Vitamin C0.5mg (1%) | Calcium149mg (15%) | Iron3.8mg (21%)
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!