Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
I love these fritters! Oh, man, you have got to give this recipe a try, I’m telling you! They are worth all your time and effort! These bad boys are perfect to go with sour cream as a dipping sauce. This recipe was my Aunt’s. She gave this to me and I’ve been preparing it ever since! You are more than welcome to add more ingredients to this if you wish. In fact, I highly recommend you do so! Make it your recipe and maybe I’ll learn a thing or two from you as well! Anyway, I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have a great day, friends. Enjoy!
3/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon cornmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1-2 teaspoons salt-according to taste
3/4 cup milk
2 1/2 cups chopped onions
oil for frying
1. In a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients. flour, sugar, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
2. Add the milk, then stir until well blended and thick.
3. Add onions and stir until well combined.
4. Place a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
5. Add 1/2-inch oil and allow it to become hot.
6. Spoon the batter and drop each into the hot oil. Use a spatula to flatten each.
7. Cook each fritter for a few minutes until they turn golden brown and crispy. Make sure to cook them in batches to prevent overcrowding.
8. Remove the fritters from the skillet onto a clean plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
9. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!