Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
This dish is just pure perfection! The sauce alone is more than enough for me! My only advice to you is to be very generous with the amount of cheese that you are going to add. Just do it and thank me later! Give this recipe now and prepare to fall in love with just one bite! Have a wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
1 tbsp olive oil
12 oz andouille sausage sliced into bite-size pieces
1 small onion diced
14.5 oz canned petite diced tomatoes
8 oz chicken broth
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
10 oz refrigerated cheese tortellini
½ c heavy cream
½ c sharp cheddar cheese shredded
1. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the sausage slices and onions, then cook for 5 minutes or until brown.
4. Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, tortellini, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed. Allow the mixture to boil, then turn the heat down to medium-low and cook the tortellini until firm to bite.
5. Remove the cover, then pour in the heavy cream. Stir until well blended. Cook for one more minute.
6. Remove the pan from the heat, then sprinkle a generous amount of cheddar cheese. Stir until well blended and melted completely.
7. Let it sit for about 5 minutes at room temperature until the sauce becomes thick.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Garnish with scallions.
Feel free to use dried tortellini instead of a frozen one. Just make sure to a more liquid to it.
Feel free to use your preferred sausage for this recipe.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 729kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 50g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 154mg | Sodium: 1676mg | Potassium: 554mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 734IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 272mg | Iron: 4mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!