A big thanks to my very good friend, Anita, for sharing this recipe with me. I am so glad that I gave it a try because I never would have tasted perfection! This is one is a must-try; I’m telling you!
For the Pastry:
50 grams rolled oats
50 grams caster sugar
140 grams butter, chilled
1 Egg, beaten
50 grams demerara sugar
200 grams plain flour
For the Filling:
8 Egg yolks
3 pink apples
250 ml double cream
250 ml milk
100 grams caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 320 degrees F or 160 degrees C.
2. In a mixing bowl, add flour and butter. Beat until well combined and they turn into breadcrumbs.
3. Add the egg, sugars, and oats. Mix everything until they resemble a dough.
4. Sprinkle flour onto a flat surface, then place the dough on it. Roll out the dough and place it over a 20 cm tart tin. Allow it to chill for at least 30 minutes.
5. Add the baking beans and spread them evenly.
6. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
7. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
8. Add the cream and milk, then stir until well blended. Allow the mixture to boil.
9. Add the vanilla and stir until well blended.
10. Add the sugar and egg yolks into a mixing bowl, then beat until well blended.
11. Pour in the hot milk mixture, then stir until well blended.
12. Transfer the mixture into a large cup.
13. Pour the mixture into the pastry case.
14. Place it inside the oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until done.
15. Remove from the oven and let it cook for at least 10 minutes at room temperature.
16. Thinly slice the apples with a mandolin.
17. Scatter the apple slices over the tart, then sprinkle demerara sugar over.
18. Put it back inside the oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until done.
19. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely at room temperature.
20. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!