Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 40mins | Total: 1 hr 10 mins | Servings: 8 | Yield: 1 deep dish 9-inch pie
If you haven’t had a crumbling topping before, this is an easy topping that’s crisp, full of flavor and a perfect addition to the luscious filling inside this crumbling pie apple. There’s no doubt about latices or decoration schemes, just plenty of delicious flavors and textures that everyone can appreciate.
Apple Crumb Pie is a tasty, simple dessert that everyone is positively raving over. A soft, flaky crust packed with sweet juicy cinnamon kissed apples with a delicious crumb coating over them all. It is the perfect apple pie to serve after every meal.
(1) (9 inches) deep-dish pie crust
5 c of apples peeled, cored and thinly sliced
½ cup white sugar
¾ tsp ground cinnamon
⅓ cup white sugar
¾ cup all-purpose flour
6 tbsp butter
1. Preheat oven 400 degrees F (200 degrees C.)
2. Then arrange apple slices in unbaked pie shell. Mix 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
3. Add and mix 1/3 cup sugar with flour, cut in butter until crumbly. Then spoon mixture over apples.
4. Bake it for 40 minutes until apples are soft and the top is lightly brown in the preheated oven.
1. The trick to prevent a soggy pie is to cook the liquid properly down to a caramel before adding it back to the apples.
2. After mixing and baking with apples, go for a thicker consistency where the water has mostly evaporated, and it will thin out a little.
3. If you want a better apple flavor in your pie, you can have an extra apple.
After baking, the butter will keep your crumble nice and crisp, don’t skimp on the ingredient. If your crumble sounds too dry and powdery, then mix in a tbsp of melted butter until you have nice little clumps. If it resulted in a big blob after mixing your crumble, then the butter may have been a little too warm. Transfer to the refrigerator for about five minutes, then use your hands or a fork to break down into crumbles.
Per Serving: 357.7 calories; fat 16.4g 25% DV; cholesterol 22.9mg 8% DV; sodium 209.6mg 8% DV; protein 2.5g 5% DV; carbohydrates 52g 17% DV.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!