Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 55 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
These heavenly treats will surely make your day extra special! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have the most beautiful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
1 ½ c all-purpose flour (200 g)
2 rounded tablespoon granulated sugar (31 g)
¼ rounded teaspoon kosher salt (2 g)
5-oz unsalted butter (cold & cubed, 141 g)
3 tbsp cold water
Extra flour for rolling
Apple Pie Filling
2 apples (263 g peeled & diced)
1 tbsp lemon juice (15 g)
¼ c brown sugar (46 g, lightly packed)
½ tsp apple pie spice
A pinch of kosher salt
1 tbsp unsalted butter (½ oz, 14 g)
1 tbsp cornstarch (7 g)
1 tbsp water
1 large Egg
1 tbsp of milk
1 tbsp turbinado sugar
¼ tsp apple pie spice (optional)
For the Apple Pie Filling:
1. In a mixing bowl, add the apple slices, brown sugar, lemon juice, and apple pie spice. Stir until well mixed.
2. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Add butter and allow it to melt.
4. Add the apple mixture. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes or until the apples are soft.
5. In a mixing bowl, add cornstarch and water. Stir until well blended.
6. Pour the slurry over the apples and stir until well mixed. Cook for a minute or until thick.
7. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool at room temperature.
For the Pie Dough:
1. In a food processor, add salt, sugar, and flour. Pulse until well combined.
2. Add the butter and pulse again until well mixed.
3. Add water gradually and pulse every addition until it forms into a dough.
4. Sprinkle flour onto a flat surface, then put the dough on it. Wrap the dough with plastic wrap, then place it inside the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
5. Remove the dough from the fridge, then unroll it into 1/4-inch thick. Slice into 8 even circles with a cookie cutter.
6. Line with parchment paper a baking sheet.
7. Arrange the dough slices onto the prepared baking sheet.
1. Mix 1 tbsp of milk with egg.
2. Roll each dough, then brush with the egg wash.
3. Top each with 1 tbsp of the apple pie filling.
4. Fold the top, then seal the side by pressing it with a fork.
5. Repeat the process to the rest of the dough.
6. Arrange them onto the prepared baking sheet.
7. Place them inside the freezer to chill for about 20 minutes.
8. Prepare the oven and preheat to 220 degrees C or 425 degrees F.
9. Brush each pie with the egg wash.
10. Place them inside the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
11. Remove the pies from the oven and allow them to cool completely at room temperature.
12. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!