Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 25 mins | Yield: 1 Loaf
I will never get tired of recommending this awesome recipe to my friends, and that includes you! It is just too perfect that I am sure you and your loved ones are going to love it! Serve this with your favourite cup of coffee, and you have yourself a snack to remember. Enjoy!
2 apples, peeled, cored, and diced (we used Braeburn)
1 tbsp plus 2/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
½ c butter (8 tbsp)
1½ tsp vanilla extract
½ c sour cream
2 tsp baking powder
1½ c all-purpose flour
1 tsp apple pie spice
½ c plus 1 tablespoon brown sugar, divided
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
¼ tsp baking soda
½ c walnuts, chopped small
2 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
2 tbsp heavy cream
¼ c brown sugar
1 tbsp butter
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Add melted butter to a 9×5-inch loaf pan and spread it evenly to coat the bottom.
3. Add nutmeg, cinnamon, and 1/2 cup of brown sugar into a mixing bowl. Whisk until well blended.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, add the apples and 1 tbsp of brown sugar. Toss until the apples are well coated.
5. Add apple pie spice, walnuts, and 1 tbsp of granulated sugar. Toss again until well mixed.
6. Add butter and 2/3 cup of granulated sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until the texture become smooth.
7. Add the eggs gradually and beat every addition until well blended.
8. Add the vanilla extract and stir until well blended.
9. In a mixing bowl, add baking soda, baking powder, and flour. Whisk until well blended.
10. Add the sour cream and flour mixture into the bowl of the mixer, then beat until well incorporated.
11. Move 1/2 of the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread it evenly.
12. Add 1/2 of the apple mixture over the batter and use a fork to poke small holes.
13. Sprinkle 1/2 of the sugar mixture over the apple mixture layer. Repeat the process until everything is arranged in layers ending with the sugar mixture.
14. Put the pan inside the preheated oven and bake the batter for about an hour or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
15. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely at room temperature.
For the Glaze:
1. Place a small saucepan on the stove, then add butter, cream, and brown sugar. Stir until well blended. Turn the heat to medium-low and simmer the mixture for 2 minutes.
2. Remove the pan from the stove, then add the powdered sugar and whisk until well blended. Allow it to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
3. Drizzle the glaze on top of the cake and spread it evenly.
4. Let the cake sit for a few minutes at room temperature until the glaze has set.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!