Prep: 40 mins | Cook: 40mins | Ready In 3 hrs 20 mins
This favorite family recipe for chicken dinner blends the traditional Asian yin-yang, spicy and sweet. My father, a pure Chinese, loves this dish even before we were born. He said that my grandmother used to do it for him when he was a child. Try this recipe for Asian Orange Chicken, and enjoy it with your loved ones.
1 1/2 cups water
2 tbsp orange juice
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup rice vinegar
2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp of grated orange zest
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger root
1/2 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp chopped green onion
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
3 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp water
For the Chicken:
(2) chicken breasts boneless and skinless, and make sure to cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 tbsp olive oil
1. Add and put 1 1/2 c of water, orange juice, lemon juice, rice vinegar, and soy sauce in a saucepan, and set over medium-high heat. Stir in the orange zest, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, chopped onion, and red pepper flakes. Let it boil. Move away from heat and cool 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Put chicken pieces into a resealable plastic bag. Pour a cup of sauce into a bag when the contents of saucepan have cooled. Seal the bag, and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
3. In another resealable plastic bag, add and mix flour, salt, and pepper. Add marinated chicken pieces, seal the bag, and shake to coat.
4. Add and heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Put the chicken into the skillet and brown on both sides. On a plate, drain on with paper towels, and cover with aluminum foil.
5. Wipe the skillet, and add the sauce. Let it boil over medium-high heat. Add and mix cornstarch and 2 tbsp of water, and then stir into the sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low, add the chicken pieces, and simmer, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Per Serving: 445 calories; 17.8 g protein; 34 mg cholesterol; 763 mg sodium; 11.2 g fat; 68.7 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!