Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 25 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Every bite of this luscious chicken is just too perfect! I am very confident that you and your loved ones are going to like these heavenly treats! Try this recipe now! A big thanks to my friend, Nick, for recommending this recipe. Now, allow me to share it with you as well! Just follow these easy steps, and you are good to go. Enjoy!
Tempura Battered Chicken:
1 lb. chicken thighs, boneless-skinless and cut 1-inch pieces
2 tbsp canola oil
2 Egg whites
1 tsp baking powder
1 c water ice cold
1/2 c cornstarch
1 c all-purpose flour, sifted
3 green onions, sliced thinly, tip to tail not including the root
1/2 c Thai sweet chili sauce
canola oil for frying
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp oil
minced green onions
white sesame seeds
1. In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients to the batter. Whisk until well blended.
2. Place a frying pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Add enough oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Remove the chicken from the batter and shake off any excess.
5. Add the chicken in batches in the hot oil, then cook for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer the chicken onto a clean plate. Repeat the process with the rest of the chicken.
6. Remove the oil from the pan and leave about 2 tbsp.
7. Add the green onions and garlic, then sauté until soft and aromatic.
8. Put the chicken back into the pan.
9. Add the sweet chili sauce and crushed red pepper, then toss everything until well mixed.
10. Sprinkle green onions and sesame seeds over each serving to garnish.
11. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 484 kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 457mg | Potassium: 471mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 190IU | Vitamin C: 2.4mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 2.6mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!