Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Additional Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 6 Servings
I have always been a fan of Pad Thai. I have tried a lot of recipes, but this one is the best! Try it now and prepare to fall in love with just one bite! Have a beautiful day, friends. Enjoy!
12 oz dried rice noodles
½ c white sugar
½ c distilled white vinegar
¼ c fish sauce
2 tbsp tamarind paste
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, sliced into thin strips
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 ½ tsp garlic, minced
4 eggs, beaten
1 ½ tbsp white sugar
1 ½ tsp salt
1 c coarsely ground peanuts
2 c bean sprouts
½ c chopped fresh chives
1 tbsp paprika, or to taste
1 lime, cut into wedges
1. Add the rice noodles and enough water into a large mixing bowl. Allow the noodles to soak for about 30 minutes to 1 hour. Drain and set aside.
2. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Add the sugar, tamarind paste, vinegar, and fish sauce. Stir until well mixed, then simmer for a few minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
4. Place a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
5. Add 1 tbsp of oil and allow it to become hot.
6. Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes or until brown. Remove the chicken from the skillet onto a clean plate.
7. In the same skillet, add 1 tbsp of oil and allow it to become hot.
8. Add garlic and saute until aromatic.
9. Add the eggs and cook for 2 minutes or until scrambled.
10. Put the chicken back to the skillet as well as the rice noodles. Toss until well mixed.
11. Add the tamarind mixture, salt, and 1 1/2 tbsp of sugar, then stir until well mixed.
12. Add the peanuts and stir until well mixed. Simmer for another 2 minutes.
13. Remove from the heat and add the bean sprouts, paprika, chives, and line wedges on top.
14. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 582.8 | Protein: 21.5g 43% | Carbohydrates: 78.8g 25% | Dietary Fiber: 4.3g 17% | Sugars: 22.6g | Fat: 21.3g 33% | Saturated Fat: 3.8g 19% | Cholesterol: 132.2mg 44% | Vitamin A Iu: 935.5IU 19% | Niacin Equivalents: 11.8mg 91% | Vitamin B6: 0.4mg 25 % | Vitamin C: 9.2mg 15% | Folate: 76.8mcg 19% | Calcium: 63.5mg 6% | Iron: 2.6mg 14% | Magnesium: 90.6mg 32% | Potassium: 424.6mg 12% | Sodium: 1478.7mg 59% | Thiamin: 0.2mg 18% | Calories From Fat: 191.8
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!