Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
In just about 40 minutes, this Doritos Taco Salad is ready for serving! This is the most requested food in our house that’s why I always make sure that I have all the ingredients ready! This recipe has been satisfying our hunger for several years now! Allow me to share it with you today. I promise you that you will not be disappointed at all! The nacho cheese Doritos chips are the true winner in this salad. Try this recipe now and taste it yourself. Enjoy!
1 ½ c nacho cheese Doritos, broken into bite-size pieces
1 c Catalina dressing OR use your favorite salad dressing (we like to eat this with ranch dressing too)
1 large tomato, chopped OR sliced cherry tomatoes
3 to 4 Romaine lettuce hearts, rinsed then chopped
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
1 lb. lean ground beef
fresh cilantro, optional
1 c black beans, rinsed
1 packet (1 oz.) taco seasoning
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add the ground beef, then cook for a few minutes until crumbly and brown. Discard any accumulated fat.
3. Add water and taco seasoning, then stir until well blended. Allow the mixture to boil.
4. Turn the heat down to low, then simmer everything for about 10 minutes.
5. Remove the skillet from the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
6. Add tomato, chopped lettuce, cheese, and black beans into a large serving bowl. Stir until well blended.
7. Transfer the meat mixture into the bowl with the salad, then toss everything until well combined.
8. Serve with Doritos chips and enjoy!
You can chill this Doritos Taco Salad first before serving.
You can add your favorite dressing to this recipe.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!