Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 24 mins | Total Time: 44 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
What I love the most about this dish is that it is so versatile! You can serve it pretty much any time of the day! Try this recipe now and prepare to taste perfection! Feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. Have a wonderful day, everyone, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
1 pound lean ground beef
1 c yellow onion, diced
1/2 c real bacon bits
1/4 c mayo
1/4 c ketchup
1 tablespoon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons onion powder
12 slices bread
1/2 c margarine
4 c shredded mozzarella and cheddar blend
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees or 400 degrees F.
2. Place a pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add butter and allow it to melt.
4. Add the ground beef and cook until crumbly and brown.
5. Discard any excess grease.
6. Add the onion and sauté until translucent.
7. Stir and cook for about 3 minutes, then remove the pan from the stove.
8. Add mayonnaise, ketchup, bacon, onion powder, mustard, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
9. Spread margarine over the bread slices. Slice each bread slice into two.
10. Apply cooking spray in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
11. Arrange the bread slices into the prepared baking dish.
12. Sprinkle a generous amount of cheese on top.
13. Spread the meat mixture over the bread and cheese.
14. Sprinkle more cheese on top.
15. Add the rest of the bread slices over the cheese.
16. Put the baking dish inside the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.
17. Remove from the oven and allow the casserole to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
18. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!