Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 45mins | Total: 1 hr | Servings: 6 | Yield: 6 servings
It is one of those lazy days, it couldn’t be simpler, it doesn’t have to be thought of, and it always turns out to be fantastic dishes. With the honey and mustard, the chicken makes its gravy, and the top becomes juicy and light brown. Add dried parsley will take the platter up a notch. The chicken is eaten with rice to soak up the mustard gravy from the honey. The classic mix of mustard and honey smothered in the tender chicken breasts and baked to succulent perfection.
I was never a fan of mustard growing up. I don’t know, but I think I hated the mustard color more than the taste of it. But this recipe helps me to cope up with my problem with mustard. Well, to be honest, the first time it was served to me, it was as if I already know the taste just by its smell, it is such a mouthwatering chicken dish.
(6) breast (blank)s skinless and boneless chicken breast halves
salt and pepper
½ cup honey
½ cup prepared mustard
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp dried parsley
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Add and sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste, and place in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish. In a small bowl, add and combine honey, mustard, basil, paprika, and parsley, mix well. Then pour 1/2 of this mixture over the chicken, and brush to cover.
3. In the preheated oven, bake it for 30 minutes. Then turn chicken pieces over, brush with the remaining 1/2 of the honey mustard mixture. Bake it for 10 to 15 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
1. If that is what’s available, then you can use the chicken thighs. The time to cook will vary, just a heads-up. To check for doneness, use an instant-read thermometer.
2. Place chicken in an airtight container and keep for up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
Per Serving: 232 calories; fat 3.7g 6% DV; cholesterol 67.1mg 22% DV; sodium 296.4mg 12% DV; protein 25.6g 51% DV; carbohydrates 24.8g 8% DV.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!