Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 35 mins | Total Time: 50 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
I will never get tired of recommending this recipe to my friends, and that includes you! You have got to give this recipe a try, I’m telling you! The combination of all the flavours in one dish is too perfect! You are more than welcome to modify this recipe to your liking. Enjoy!
1 (10 ounces) box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
2 tablespoons parsley
2 c cottage cheese
12 ounces dry spaghetti
1½ c shredded mozzarella cheese
2 pounds Italian sausage
1½ c shredded Monterey jack cheese
1 (26 ounces) jar spaghetti sauce
1 (2.8 ounces) can French fried onions
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 (14.5 ounces) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 c sour cream
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
3. Refer to the directions provided on the package of the pasta on how to cook it. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
4. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
5. Add the sausage, then cook until crumbly and brown.
6. Add the tomatoes, spinach, and spaghetti sauce. Stir until well blended. Simmer for a few minutes. Remove from the heat.
7. In a mixing bowl, add garlic powder, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, sour cream, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, and parsley. Stir until well blended.
8. Add the drained spaghetti into the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly.
9. Add the cottage cheese mixture on top of the pasta.
10. Add the meat sauce over and spread it evenly.
11. Sprinkle the rest of the cheeses on top. Feel free to add more.
12. Cover everything with aluminium foil.
13. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
14. Remove the foil cover, then add the French-fried onions over the top.
15. Put it back inside the oven and bake for another 5 minutes.
16. Remove from the oven and allow it to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
17. Serve warm and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!