Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 40 mins | Total Time: 50 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Bring those simple potatoes to the next level! Top them with bacon, cheese, and Italian seasoning! In under one hour, you will surely have these Baked Potato Slices. Enjoy!
6 slices of bacon, uncooked and thawed
1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
2 green onions, diced
Salt/Pepper, to taste
3 russet potatoes, Scrubbed clean
1 tbsp vegetable oil, Canola, or Olive Oil
2.5 c cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
2. Allow the bacon to sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes.
3. Slice the potatoes into 12-inch cuts.
4. Brush all sides of the potatoes with oil.
5. Sprinkle salt and pepper, then toss until well coated.
6. Add the potatoes onto a baking sheet and arrange them in a single layer.
7. Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake the potatoes for about 25 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, place a pan on the stove and turn the heat to low.
9. Add the bacon and cook until crispy. Transfer onto a clean plate and leave the bacon grease in the pan.
10. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, then brush each potato with the bacon grease.
11. Put them back in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until done.
12. Crumble the crispy bacon.
13. Reduce the heat of the oven to about 350 degrees F.
14. Remove the potatoes from the oven, then add the crumbled bacon and grated cheese on top.
15. Bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese turns golden brown and melts completely.
16. Remove from the oven, then sprinkle green onions and Italian seasoning on top.
17. Serve right away with sour cream. Enjoy!
Feel free to use Monterey Jack cheese for this recipe.
You can add broccoli instead of bacon if you wish.
Exchange Italian seasoning with Ranch seasoning.
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge. They can last up to 3 to 4 days. Reheat in the oven.
Calories: 449 kcal, Carbohydrates: 25g, Protein: 20g, Fat: 30g, Saturated Fat: 16g, Cholesterol: 77mg, Sodium: 533mg, Potassium: 666mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 631IU, Vitamin C: 8mg, Calcium: 443mg, Iron: 2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!