Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 1hr 30mins | Additional: 2 hrs | Total: 4 hrs | Serving: 14 | Yield: 1 10-inch cake
Who wouldn’t love pound cake? This Banana Pound Cake With Dreamy Caramel Glaze is a must-try. It is an upgrade version of a banana cake, and it is so delicious that you would want to make it now and then. Try to create a version of this recipe for Banana Pound Cake With Dreamy Caramel Glaze, and enjoy it with your loved ones.
3 cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter
½ cup vegetable shortening
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
(4) eaches ripe bananas, mashed
(5) large eggs eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup milk
1 cup chopped pecans
½ cup butter
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup heavy cream
1. Start by preheating oven 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). In a bowl, add and combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. Add and beat a cup of butter, shortening, 2 cups of brown sugar, and a cup of white sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy in a large bowl. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color. Add bananas, followed by the eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next. Beat in 2 tsp of vanilla extract with the last egg. Pour in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing until just incorporated. Fold in the pecans and then mixing just enough to combine evenly. Pour the batter into prepared pan.
3. In the preheated oven, bake it until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean for an hour and 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the glaze, heat 1/2 cup of butter, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 1/4 cup of white sugar, a tsp of vanilla extract, and heavy cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Add and stir continuously until the sugars have dissolved, then gently simmer for a minute. Pour over the baked cake while still in the pan. Allow cooling for 10 minutes before transferring on a wire rack to cool completely.
Per Serving: 625.4 calories; 125.2 mg cholesterol; 406.2 mg sodium; 6.7 g protein; 70.8 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!