Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 2 hrs | Total Time: 2 hrs 30 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
Tender meat, savory sauce, and very heartwarming! These three words best describe this Beef Braciole! Just follow these easy steps, and you are good to go! Don’t waste another second of your time. Go start prepping. Enjoy!
12 cloves garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
12 thin slices prosciutto
2 c dry red wine
1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes – preferably a good imported Italian brand
2 c beef broth
6 thin slices boneless top round – about 2 lbs.
2 tbsp seasoned dry bread crumbs
salt and freshly ground black pepper – to taste
2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
2 heaping tablespoons of all-purpose flour
1 c shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese – plus more for serving if desired
½ c finely chopped Italian parsley – (flat-leaf parsley), plus more for garnish
1. Wrap each top round with plastic, then use a meat mallet to gently pound it to about 1/4-inch thick.
2. Slice 8 garlic cloves, then mince the rest.
3. In a mixing bowl, add minced garlic, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, and cheese. Stir until well blended.
4. Add a slice of prosciutto over a beef slice, then top it with the garlic mixture. Roll it up to a cylinder and use toothpicks to close it up. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients.
5. Place a large pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
6. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
7. Add the beef rolls into the pot, then cook all sides for a few minutes until brown. Move onto a clean plate.
8. Add the garlic slices and wine, then stir until well blended. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the pot to get the browned bits.
9. Add Italian seasoning, tomatoes, and beef broth. Stir until well blended.
10. Put the beef rolls back into the pot, then toss until well coated by the sauce. Allow it to simmer.
11. Reduce the heat to low, then cook the beef for about 1 hour and 30 minutes or until fork-tender.
12. Serve and enjoy!
Serving: 2 | Calories: 570 kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 63g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 163mg | Sodium: 832mg | Potassium: 1006mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 584IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 275mg | Iron: 6mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!