Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 55 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 5 mins | Yield: 10 Servings
If you are a huge fan of enchilada, then you have got to try this recipe! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! A big thanks to my dear friend, Alexis, for this awesome recipe! I never thought that I would love it so much! This was the fifth time that I cooked it this week! Yeah, that’s how good this Beef Enchilada Casserole is! Anyway, have a beautiful day, friends. I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
2 lbs Ground Beef
½ c yellow onion, diced
¼ c taco seasoning
2 c enchilada sauce
6 8-inch flour tortillas
12-oz Cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Place a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Add ground beef and cook until brown for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the onions and sauté until translucent.
5. Add 1/4 cup of water and taco seasoning. Stir until well blended.
6. Cook for another 5 minutes or until the liquid has dried up.
7. Apply cooking spray in an 11×9-inch casserole dish.
8. Add 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce and spread it evenly.
9. Arrange 2 tortillas over the sauce.
10. Top each tortilla with 1/3 of the meat mixture.
11. Spread 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce over the meat mixture.
12. Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese on top.
13. Repeat the process to the rest of the ingredients ending with cheese.
14. Cover the dish with foil and place it inside the preheated oven. Bake for about 30 minutes.
15. Remove the foil cover and bake for another 10 minutes or until done.
16. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely at room temperature.
17. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!