Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 35 mins | Total Time: 55 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
I love how delicious this beef enchilada casserole is! Oh, man, I promise you that it will be worth all your time and effort! Lunch or dinner will be awesome again if you only try this recipe now. Enjoy!
1 pound ground beef
1 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
1 12 oz package frozen whole kernel corn
1 16 oz can refried beans
12 soft corn tortillas, street taco size/individual taco size.
1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 14.5 oz petite diced tomatoes, undrained
3 c shredded cheese, (I recommend the Mexican blend)
1 tbsp chilli powder
1.5 tsp cumin
½ tsp garlic powder
¾ tsp salt
Homemade Red Enchilada Sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp oregano, dried
2.5 tsp chilli powder
½ tsp basil, dried
⅛ tsp black pepper
⅛ tsp salt
¼ tsp cumin, ground
1 tsp parsley, dried
¼ c salsa
6-oz tomato sauce
1.5 c water
For the Beef Enchilada Casserole:
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Cook the beef until crumbly and brown.
3. Pour 1/2 of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of a baking dish and spread it evenly.
4. Refer to the directions provided on the package of the corn on how to cook it.
5. Spread each of the 6 corn tortillas with 1/2 of the refried beans.
6. Arrange the tortillas into the baking dish with bean-side up.
7. In a mixing bowl, add the corn, rest of the enchilada sauce, spices, black beans, ground beef, undrained tomatoes, and salt. Stir until well mixed.
8. Add 1/2 of the enchilada mixture on top of the tortillas and spread it evenly.
9. Add a layer of cheese on top. About 1 cup.
10. Repeat the process until everything is arranged in layers ending with cheese.
11. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 35 minutes or until done.
12. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
13. Garnish with your preferred toppings.
14. Serve and enjoy!
For the Gluten-Free Red Enchilada Sauce:
1. Place a large saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the garlic and saute until aromatic.
4. Add the chilli powder, oregano, cumin, parsley, basil, salsa, tomato sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
5. Add water and stir until well blended.
6. Allow the mixture to boil, then simmer for about 15 minutes.
7. Serve with the enchiladas. Enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!