Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 35 mins | Total Time: 55 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
This spectacular Beef Enchilada Casserole is my ultimate comfort food! I am so psyched to share this with you today! Try it now and prepare to fall in love. Enjoy!
1 15 ounces can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 14.5-ounce petite diced tomatoes, undrained
1 lb. ground beef
1 16 ounces can of refried beans
½ tsp garlic powder
1 12 ounces package of frozen whole kernel corn
¾ tsp salt
3 cups shredded cheese, (I recommend the Mexican blend)
1 10 ounces can of red enchilada sauce
12 soft corn tortillas, street taco size/individual taco size.
1 tbsp chili powder
1.5 tsp cumin
Homemade Red Enchilada Sauce:
6-ounce tomato sauce
2.5 tsp chili powder
1 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp oregano, dried
¼ tsp cumin, ground
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp parsley, dried
½ tsp basil, dried
¼ cup salsa
1.5 c water
⅛ tsp black pepper
⅛ tsp salt
For the Enchilada Casserole:
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Place a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Add the ground beef, then cook until crumbly and brown. Remove from the heat.
4. In a baking dish, add 1/2 of the enchilada sauce and spread it evenly.
5. Refer to the directions provided on the package of the corn on how to cook it.
6. Add 1/2 of the refried beans over 6 corn tortillas and spread it evenly.
7. Arrange them into the baking dish, overlapping each other.
8. In a mixing bowl, add the black beans, corn, enchilada sauce, undrained tomatoes, spices, ground beef, and salt. Stir until well blended.
9. Add 1/2 of the beef enchilada sauce on top of the tortillas and spread it evenly.
10. Add 1 cup of cheese over the sauce. Repeat the process until everything is arranged in layers.
11. Place it in the preheated oven and bake for about 35 minutes.
12. Remove from the oven and allow it to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
13. Serve and enjoy!
For the Gluten-Free Red Enchilada Sauce:
1. Place a large pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the garlic and sauté until aromatic.
4. Add the chili powder, ground black pepper, oregano, salt, basil, salsa, tomato sauce, cumin, and parsley. Stir until well blended.
5. Add water and stir again until well mixed. Allow the mixture to boil.
6. Turn the heat down to low, then simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Calories: 379 kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 835mg | Potassium: 397mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 859IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 542mg | Iron: 3mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!