Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 35 mins | Total Time: 55 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
The delicious taste in every layer of this Beef Enchilada Casserole has just too perfect! In less than an hour, you will surely have the best dish to serve today!
1 10 oz. can of red enchilada sauce
½ tsp garlic powder
1 12-ounce package of frozen whole kernel corn
12 soft corn tortillas, street taco size/individual taco size
1 15 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 tbsp chili powder
1 14.5 oz. petite diced tomatoes, undrained
¾ tsp salt
3 cups shredded cheese, (I recommend the Mexican blend)
1.5 tsp cumin
1 16 oz. can of refried beans
1 pound of ground beef
Homemade Red Enchilada Sauce:
¼ tsp cumin, ground
1 tbsp olive oil
6 oz. tomato sauce
½ tsp basil, dried
2.5 tsp chili powder
¼ cup salsa
½ tsp oregano, dried
2 cloves garlic, minced
⅛ tsp black pepper
⅛ tsp salt
1.5 c water
1 tsp parsley, dried
For the Enchilada Casserole:
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Place a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Add the ground beef, then cook until crumbly and brown.
4. Add 1/2 of the enchilada sauce into a baking dish and spread it evenly.
5. Refer to the directions provided on the package of the corn on how to cook it.
6. Divide 1/2 of the refried beans between 6 tortillas and spread it evenly.
7. Arrange them bean-side up in the prepared baking dish on top of the sauce.
8. In a mixing bowl, add corn, the rest of the enchilada sauce, spices, ground beef, undrained tomatoes, black beans, and salt. Stir until well blended.
9. Add 1/2 of the beef mixture on top of the corn tortillas.
10. Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese on top. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients ending with cheese.
11. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 35 minutes or until done.
12. Remove from the oven and allow the casserole to rest for a few minutes at room temperature. Slice into 8-12 servings.
13. Top with enchilada toppings. Enjoy!
For the Gluten-Free Red Enchilada Sauce:
1. Place a large pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add garlic, then sauté until aromatic.
4. Add basil, oregano, cumin, chili powder, tomato sauce, salsa, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir until well blended.
5. Add the water, then stir again until well mixed.
6. Allow the mixture to boil, then turn the heat down to low and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Calories: 379 kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 835mg | Potassium: 397mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 859IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 542mg | Iron: 3mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!