Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 6 Servings
I know that you only want the best for your loved ones that’s why I want to share with you one of the best recipes I have tried this month! This Baked Eggplant Parmesan is now my definition of perfection! Try and taste it yourself. Enjoy!
2 large Eggs
3 medium eggplants
1 tsp salt
1 c all-purpose flour
1/2 c freshly grated parmesan cheese divided
1 c panko bread crumbs
¼ c chopped fresh basil
2 c marinara sauce
1 c Italian style bread crumbs
8 oz. fresh mozzarella sliced
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1. Slice the eggplant into 1/4-inch round pieces.
2. Arrange the eggplant slices to the bottom of a baking sheet lined with paper towels and arrange them in a single layer.
3. Sprinkle salt and allow them to rest for about an hour to moisten.
4. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
5. Apply cooking spray onto two large baking sheets.
6. In a mixing bowl, add salt, flour, and pepper. Whisk until well blended.
7. In a separate bowl, add the cracked eggs and beat until creamy.
8. In another mixing bowl, add garlic powder, Italian bread crumbs, and panko bread crumbs. Stir until well blended.
9. Dip each eggplant slice into the flour mixture, then into the beaten eggs, then into the bread crumbs. Make sure to coat each well. Repeat the process to the rest of the eggplant slices.
10. Arrange them onto the prepared baking sheet.
11. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Feel free to add more.
12. Place them inside the preheated oven and roast for about 20 minutes. Make sure to turn the eggplant slices after 10 minutes to roast the other sides.
13. Apply cooking spray in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
14. Add 2 tbsp of marinara sauce into the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly.
15. Add 1/2 of the eggplant slices over the marinara sauce.
16. Spread the rest of the marinara over the eggplants.
17. Add the mozzarella cheese on top of the marinara layer.
18. Arrange the rest of the eggplant slices over the mozzarella.
19. Add more marinara over the mozzarella and spread it evenly.
20. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and basil on top.
21. Place the baking dish inside the preheated oven and bake the eggplants for 25 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely.
22. Remove from the oven and allow them to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
23. Serve warm and enjoy!
Calories: 435kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 1798mg | Potassium: 937mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 865IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 379mg | Iron: 4.2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!