Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 6 Servings
I am so impressed by this Baked Eggplant Parmesan! This recipe is a sure winner! In just an hour, you will surely have the best lunch or dinner ever. Enjoy!
2 c marinara sauce
1 c panko bread crumbs
2 large Eggs
8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
3 medium eggplants
1/2 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese divided
1 tsp salt
1 c Italian style bread crumbs
1 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
¼ c chopped fresh basil
1. Cut the eggplant into 1/4-inch round slices.
2. Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
3. Lay the eggplant slices on the bottom of the prepared baking sheet.
4. Sprinkle salt over the eggplant slices and allow them to rest for about an hour to moisten.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
6. Apply cooking spray onto two large baking sheets.
7. In a bowl, add flour, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well blended.
8. In another bowl, add the cracked eggs and beat until smooth.
9. In a separate bowl, add Italian bread crumbs, garlic powder, and panko bread crumbs. Stir until well mixed.
10. Dip each eggplant slice into the flour mixture, then in the beaten eggs, then into the bread crumbs. Make sure to coat each completely. Repeat the process with the rest of the eggplant slices.
11. Lay the eggplants onto the prepared baking sheet and arrange them in a single layer.
12. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. You are more than welcome to add more cheese!
13. Place them in the preheated oven and roast for about 20 minutes. Flip the eggplant slices after 10 minutes to roast the other sides.
14. Apply cooking spray to a 9×13-inch baking dish.
15. Add 2 tbsp of marinara sauce into the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly.
16. Lay 1/2 of the eggplant slices over the marinara sauce.
17. Spread the rest of the marinara sauce over the eggplants.
18. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the marinara layer.
19. Arrange the rest of the eggplant slices over the mozzarella.
20. Add more marinara over the mozzarella and spread it evenly.
21. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and basil on top.
22. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely and turns golden brown.
23. Remove from the oven and allow them to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
24. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 435 kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 1798mg | Potassium: 937mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 865IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 379mg | Iron: 4.2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!