Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 6 Servings
You can never go wrong with this Baked Eggplant Parmesan! The rich taste of the marinara sauce, cheese, and a lot more ingredients, complement well with each other to make such a delicious dish! A must-try recipe!
1 c panko bread crumbs
8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
1 c Italian style bread crumbs
1 c all-purpose flour
3 medium eggplants
¼ tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
¼ c chopped fresh basil
2 c marinara sauce
1/2 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese divided
2 large Eggs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1. Slice the eggplant into 1/4-inch circles.
2. Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
3. Add the eggplant slices onto the prepared baking sheet, then sprinkle salt over them. Allow the eggplant slices to rest for at least an hour at room temperature.
4. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
5. Apply cooking spray onto two large baking sheets.
6. In a mixing bowl, add salt, pepper, and flour. Whisk until well mixed.
7. In another bowl, add eggs and beat until smooth.
8. In another bowl, add garlic powder, panko breadcrumbs, and Italian bread crumbs. Whisk until well mixed.
9. Dredge each eggplant slice into the flour mixture, beaten eggs, and breadcrumb mixture.
10. Add the eggplant slice onto the prepared baking sheets. Repeat the process with the rest of the eggplant slices.
11. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the eggplant slices.
12. Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast the eggplant slices for about 20 minutes or until done. Make sure to flip the eggplant slices after 10 minutes to roast the other sides.
13. Apply cooking spray to a 9×13-inch baking dish.
14. Add 2 tbsp of marinara sauce to the bottom of the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly.
15. Add 1/2 of the eggplant slices into the prepared baking dish and arrange them in a single layer.
16. Add the rest of the marinara sauce over the eggplant slices.
17. Add mozzarella cheese slices over the marinara sauce.
18. Top with 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese and 1/2 of the basil. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients until everything is arranged in layers ending with basil.
19. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake the Eggplant Parmesan for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely.
20. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 435 kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 1798mg | Potassium: 937mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 865IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 379mg | Iron: 4.2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!