Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 40 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 6 Servings
These heavenly treats will surely make your day extra special! You will be full for the rest of the day with these stuffed peppers. Try this recipe now and I promise you that it will be the best decision you will ever make today!
Perfect Instant Pot Rice:
1 c basmati rice (uncooked)
2 c water
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
Stuffed Bell Peppers:
5 medium or 4 large bell peppers
1 lb ground beef (chicken or turkey)
1 – 1 1/2 c cooked rice* (see notes)
1 small sweet onion (diced)
1 small tomato (diced)
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp salt (or more based on preference)
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp breadcrumbs
2 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
1 c water
8 tbsp marinara sauce
8 tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese
Fresh parsley (chopped)
1. Add the rice, 1 cup of water, salt, and olive oil into your Instant Pot. Stir until well mixed.
2. Cover it with aluminium foil. Poke small holes over the foil.
3. Put a trivet into the pot, then pour in the rest of the water.
4. Put the pot over the trivet, then seal it.
5. Cook for about 5 minutes on high pressure.
6. Do a natural release for about 10 minutes.
7. Remove the cover, then allow the rice to rest for about 10 minutes. Use two forks to fluff up the cooked rice.
8. Get about 1 1/2 cups of the cooked rice, then set aside the rest.
To Stuff the Peppers:
1. Slice the peppers lengthwise, then discard the seeds and veins.
2. Brow the ground beef into a skillet over medium heat.
3. Add all the ingredients for the stuffing into a large mixing bowl. Stir until well combined.
4. Stuff each pepper with the mixture.
1. Put a trivet in the Instant Pot, then pour in 1 cup of water.
2. Arrange the stuffed peppers over the trivet.
3. Seal the pot and cook for about 7 minutes on high pressure. Do a natural release.
4. Remove the peppers from the Instant Pot.
1. Arrange the peppers onto a baking dish.
2. Top each with 2 tbsp marinara sauce and 2 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese.
3. Place them inside the oven and broil for about 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely.
4. Remove from the oven and sprinkle parsley on top.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Serving: 0g | Calories: 426kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 651mg | Potassium: 727mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 3835IU | Vitamin C: 136.6mg | Calcium: 173mg | Iron: 3.4mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!