Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
This recipe speaks for itself! It is indeed the best Potato Soup I have ever tasted! A big thanks to my dear friend, Sally, for recommending this to me. I am so glad that I gave it a try because I never would have tasted perfection! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Serve this Potato Soup as an appetizer, and you have yourself a meal to remember! Have a beautiful day, friends, and I hope you all appreciate this recipe today. Enjoy!
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1 c onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
2-1/2 pounds peeled and diced Yukon Gold potatoes, about 5 cups
4 c chicken broth
1 c milk
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
fresh thyme leaves, for garnish
1. Place a large Dutch oven on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and 2 tbsp of butter, then allow them to become hot.
3. Add the onion slices and saute for a few minutes until soft.
4. Add the garlic and thyme leaves, then saute until aromatic.
5. Add the potato slices and chicken broth. Stir until well mixed. Allow the mixture to boil and cook the potatoes for about 10 minutes or until soft.
6. Reduce the heat to low, then mash the potatoes.
7. add cornstarch and water mixture, then stir until well mixed. Simmer for a few minutes until the texture becomes thick.
8. Add more seasonings if needed.
9. Garnish with freshly chopped thyme.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 192 | TOTAL FAT: 7g | SATURATED FAT: 3g | TRANS FAT: 0g | UNSATURATED FAT: 4g | CHOLESTEROL: 13mg | SODIUM: 754mg | CARBOHYDRATES: 28g | FIBER: 3g | SUGAR: 3g | PROTEIN: 5g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!