Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Patties smothered in delicious rich gravy are what you just might need today! Oh, man, in less than an hour, you will surely have the best dish ever! Serve these patties and their sauce over rice or noodles, and you have yourself a meal to remember. Enjoy!
FOR THE STEAK:
1 lb (454 g) ground beef
1/4 c (30 g) breadcrumbs
1 large (1) egg
2 tsp (10 ml) Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp (5 ml) onion powder
1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) garlic salt
1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) mustard powder
1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) kosher salt
lots fresh ground black pepper, or to taste
1 tbsp (15 ml) cooking oil, for searing beef patties
FOR THE MUSHROOM GRAVY:
3 tbsp (30 g) butter
8 oz (227 g) mushrooms, sliced
1 (1 ) medium onion, sliced
2 cloves (2 cloves) garlic, minced
1/4-1/2 c (30-60 g) flour, depending on how thick you like your gravy
3 c (720 ml) broth (beef, chicken, or vegetable)
kosher salt or sea salt, or to taste
black pepper to taste
1. Add all the ingredients for the steak into a large mixing bowl. Stir until well combined.
2. Form 4 patties out of the mixture.
3. Place a large pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
4. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Add the patties and cook each side for about a minute or until brown.
6. Remove the patties from the pan onto a clean plate.
7. In the same pan, add the onion and mushrooms. Sauté until translucent and brown.
8. Add butter and allow it to melt.
9. Add garlic and sauté until aromatic.
10. Add the flour and stir until well mixed.
11. Add 1 cup of beef stock and stir until well mixed.
12. Turn the heat up to high and the rest of the broth. Whisk until well mixed. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
13. Turn the heat down to low and simmer the gravy until thick. This will take about 10 minutes.
14. Put the patties back to the pan and cook for another 10 minutes. Add more seasonings if needed.
15. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!