Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 2hrs | Ready In: 2 hrs 30 mins
Have you heard about Boilermaker Tailgate Chili? If not, then you’re lucky because I’ll be sharing with you our version of this recipe. Just a head start, don’t be overwhelmed about the ingredients because it is simple to make this dish. Try this recipe for Boilermaker Tailgate Chili, and enjoy it with your loved ones.
2 pounds ground beef chuck
1 pound bulk Italian sausage
3 (15 oz) cans chili beans, drained
(1) (15 oz) can of chili beans in spicy sauce
(2) (28 oz) cans diced tomatoes with juice
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
(1) large yellow onion, chopped
(3) stalks celery, chopped
(1) green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
(1) red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
(2) green chile peppers, seeded and chopped
1 tbsp bacon bits
(4) cubes beef bouillon
1/2 cup beer
1/4 cup chili powder
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp of minced garlic
1 tbsp dried oregano
2 tsp of ground cumin
2 tsp of hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco™)
1 tsp of dried basil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp of ground black pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp white sugar
1 (10.5 oz) bag corn chips such as Fritos®
1 (8 oz) package shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Heat a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add and crumble ground chuck and sausage into the hot pan, and cook until evenly browned. Drain off excess grease.
2. Add and pour in chili beans, spicy chili beans, diced tomatoes, and tomato paste. Add the onion, celery, green and red bell peppers, chile peppers, bacon bits, bouillon, and beer, and then season with chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, oregano, cumin, hot pepper sauce, basil, salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, and sugar. Add and stir to blend, then cover and simmer over low heat for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
3. After 2 hours, taste and adjust salt, pepper, and chili powder if necessary. The longer the chili simmers, the better it will taste. Take away from heat and serve, or refrigerate, and serve the next day.
4. To serve, ladle into bowls, and add corn chips and shredded Cheddar cheese on top.
Per Serving: 600 calories; 30.8 g protein; 70 mg cholesterol; 2092 mg sodium; 30.1 g fat; 55.3 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!