Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 20mins | Total: 40 mins | Servings: 6 | Yield: 6 servings
This Broccoli Chicken Divan is the chicken casserole of your dream, and I am not a huge fan of broccoli, but I don’t mind it in this recipe. There’s just something about it that adds goodness to the casserole. The combination of broccoli and cheese is just satisfying, plus the chicken meat, and you’ll have an incredible dish in your table ready to spice up your night.
A bit of history about this dish: This dish was originally made with chicken, broccoli, and a classic bechamel sauce made with Gruyere cheese, and it was named after the restaurant it was created in, Divan Parisian. It has been served as their signature dish, both being extremely tasty and still simple to produce. It’s hard to imagine that this classic casserole was such a popular dish back in its day, no longer do we see these tasty, full, and basic casseroles served in restaurants. It has been a favorite family since I don’t know when and will continue to be a part of our family traditions. Try this recipe for Broccoli Chicken Divan, and don’t forget to enjoy it with your loved ones.
1 pound chopped fresh broccoli
1 ½ cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
(1) (10.75 oz) can condense cream of broccoli soup
⅓ cup milk
½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp dried bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
2. Place the broccoli in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Let it boil, and cook 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
3. Then place cooked broccoli in a 9-inch pie plate, and chicken on top. In a bowl, mix soup and milk, and pour over the chicken. Add and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese, and then mix the melted butter with the bread crumbs and sprinkle over the cheese.
4. In the preheated oven, bake it for 15 minutes until bubbly and lightly brown.
Per Serving: 186.4 calories; fat 8.5g 13% DV; cholesterol 44.3mg 15% DV; sodium 440.2mg 18% DV; protein 15.5g 31% DV; carbohydrates 12.2g 4% DV.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!