Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 35 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
These heavenly treats always make me smile! This recipe is a very simple one. I am sure that you can make it. Enjoy these Buttermilk Biscuits in just 35 minutes! Don’t forget to share this recipe!
2 ½ c all-purpose flour
1 c + 3 tbsp cold Buttermilk
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp aluminium-free Baking Powder
2 tsp honey
1/2 c very cold butter, equal to 1 stick
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp honey
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 218 degrees C or 425 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, add salt, baking powder, and flour. Whisk until well mixed.
3. Slice the cold butter into small cuts, then add them into the bowl with the flour mixture. Beat until well incorporated.
4. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture, then honey and cold buttermilk. Stir until just blended.
5. Sprinkle flour onto a flat surface, then place the dough on it. Shape it into a 9-inch rectangle.
6. Fold towards the middle the left side, followed by the right side.
7. Rotate, then flatten it out. Repeat this procedure 2 times.
8. Slice the dough into 6 round shapes, then use a cookie cutter and cut them into 8 biscuits.
9. Add butter into a 10-inch cast-iron skillet and spread it evenly.
10. Arrange the biscuits into the prepared skillet. Make sure to leave a small space between each biscuit.
11. Place the skillet inside the preheated oven and bake the biscuits for about 15 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
12. In a mixing bowl, add melted butter and honey. Stir until well blended.
13. Brush the biscuits with the butter mixture. Bake them for another 5 minutes.
14. Remove from the oven and allow the biscuits to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
15. Serve and enjoy!
Leftovers can last up to 5 days in the fridge. Just make sure to store them in an airtight container.
Calories: 299 kcal, Carbohydrates: 38g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 4g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 38mg, Sodium: 440mg, Potassium: 393mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 7g, Vitamin A: 448IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 175mg, Iron: 2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!