Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 3 Servings
Simple, delicious, and irresistible! This Buttermilk Roast Chicken with Garlic is my ultimate comfort food! I got this recipe a couple of years ago. Now, allow me to share it with you! This recipe will be the best decision you will ever make today! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so you just need to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Make sure to marinate the chicken for 24 hours for the best result! I promise you that it is worth the wait! A healthy way of eating chicken, this recipe is surely a must-try! Serve this over lunch or dinner with rice or mashed potatoes, and you have yourself a meal to remember. Enjoy!
6 chicken drumsticks
½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
½ c fresh parsley, minced
1 c buttermilk
1 tbsp olive oil
5 garlic cloves, minced
1. In a mixing bowl, add minced fresh parsley, olive oil, salt, pepper, minced garlic, and buttermilk. Stir until well blended.
2. Add the chicken drumsticks inside a large resealable plastic bag.
3. Add the buttermilk mixture inside the bag with the chicken, then seal the bag. Shake it until the chicken drumsticks are well coated.
4. Place the bag inside the freezer for 24 hours to marinate the chicken.
5. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
6. Lay the chicken drumsticks into a 13x9x4-inch casserole dish.
7. Place the casserole dish inside the preheated oven and roast the chicken for 30 to 45 minutes or until done. Broil for 5 more minutes if necessary.
8. Remove from the oven.
9. Serve hot with the accumulated sauce. Enjoy!
Calories 343 Fat 21g 32 % Saturated Fat 5g 31 % Cholesterol 148 mg 49 % Sodium 635 mg 28 % Potassium 521 mg 15 % Carbohydrates 6 g 2 % Sugar 4 g 4 % Protein 29 g 58 % Vitamin A 1045 IU 21 % Vitamin C 14.9 mg 18 % Calcium 130 mg 13 % Iron 1.7 mg 9 %
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!