Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Additional Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 45 mins | Yield: 18 Servings
These brownies are amazing! I will never forget the first time I bit my teeth into these heavenly treats! It was love at first bite. I asked my friend for the recipe right away. She was gracious enough to give it to me! Oh, man, you have got to give this one a try. You are so in for a treat! Feel free to tweak the recipe to your liking. Enjoy!
1 c butter, melted
2 c packed light brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 c all-purpose flour
½ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 c chopped walnuts
Coffee Frosting (Optional)
2 tsp instant coffee granules
2 tbsp water
½ c butter softened
3 c sifted confectioners’ sugar
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 180 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray in a 11x7x2-inch baking pan.
3. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
4. Add 1 cup of butter and allow it to melt.
5. Add 2 cups of brown sugar and beat until well blended.
6. Remove from the heat, then add the eggs and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
7. In a mixing bowl, add baking powder, flour, and salt. Whisk until well mixed.
8. Transfer the flour mixture into the egg mixture and beat until well blended.
9. Add the walnuts and stir until well mixed.
10. Transfer the batter into the greased pan and spread it evenly.
11. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 35 minutes or until done.
12. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for at least 10 minutes.
For the Frosting:
1. In a mixing bowl, add water and coffee. Stir until the coffee is dissolved completely.
2. In another mixing bowl, add the confectioners’ sugar and 1/2 cup of butter. Beat until well mixed.
3. Transfer the butter mixture into the coffee and stir until well blended.
4. Spread the frosting on top of the brownies.
5. Allow the frosting to set for a couple of minutes.
6. Slice into even pieces.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 416.6 | Protein: 3.7g 7% | Carbohydrates: 56.6g 18% | Dietary Fiber: 0.8g 3% | Sugars: 44.5g | Fat: 20.6g 32% | Saturated Fat: 10.4g 52% | Cholesterol: 71.7mg 24% | Vitamin A Iu: 514.6IU 10% | Niacin Equivalents: 1.7mg 13% | Vitamin B6: 0.1mg 4% | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Folate: 36.5mcg 9% | Calcium: 60.7mg 6% | Iron: 1.2mg 7% | Magnesium: 17.4mg 6% | Potassium: 96.3mg 3% | Sodium: 233.4mg 9% | Thiamin: 0.1mg 14% | Calories From Fat: 185.1
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!