Prep Time: 25 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 10 mins | Yield: 16 Servings
This awesome cake will surely make your day extra special! I love how awesome this recipe is. A big thanks to my dear friend, Gina, because I never would have tasted perfection! Have a wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
For the cake:
2 1/4 c (286 grams) all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp fine salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 sticks (227 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 c (300 grams) packed light brown sugar
1/2 c (100 grams) granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 c (227 grams) sour cream
For the icing:
4 tbsp (57 grams) unsalted butter
1/2 c (100 grams) packed light brown sugar
1/4 c heavy cream
1/4 c (30 grams) powdered sugar, sifted
1/8 tsp fine salt
For the Cake:
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 162 degrees C or 325 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray in a 10-inch Bundt pan.
3. Add flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda into a medium mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined.
4. Add the sugars and butter into the bowl of the electric mixer. Beat until well mixed.
5. Add eggs gradually and beat until well combined.
6. Add the vanilla beat until well mixed.
7. Transfer the flour mixture and sour cream into the egg mixture and beat until well mixed.
8. Transfer the batter into the greased pan and spread it evenly.
9. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 50 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Remove from the oven and invert it onto the wire rack. Allow it to cool completely at room temperature.
To Make the Icing:
1. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add butter and allow it to melt.
3. Add the cream and sugar. Whisk until well blended.
4. Simmer the mixture for about 5 minutes. Make sure to whisk from time to time.
5. Remove from the heat and add the powdered sugar. Stir until well blended.
6. Drizzle the icing over the cooled cake and spread it evenly.
7. Allow the cake to cool completely.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Leftovers can last up to 2 days.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!