Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
If you are looking for a quick and easy recipe to try today, then you have got to consider this Cajun Chicken with Bell Pepper! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! Serve it with rice or mashed potatoes, and you have yourself a meal to remember! Have a spectacular day, everyone, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
¼ teaspoon oregano
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon thyme
4 cloves garlic, minced
6 oz cream cheese, cold, refrigerated, and sliced into 8 slices
½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
4 chicken breasts, small
2 bell peppers, small, thinly sliced (or use mini sweet peppers)
For the Cajun Chicken Seasoning:
1. Add all the ingredients for the seasoning into a bowl. Whisk until well blended.
For the Cajun Chicken:
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
2. Lay the thin slices of bell peppers into a casserole dish.
3. Put the chicken breasts over the bell peppers.
4. Sprinkle a generous amount of Cajun seasoning on top of the chicken breasts.
5. Scatter the minced garlic on top of the chicken.
6. Add 2 slices of cream cheese over each chicken breast.
7. Sprinkle a generous amount of shredded cheddar cheese over the cream cheese.
8. Place the casserole dish inside the preheated oven and bake the chicken for about 20 to 30 minutes or until done.
9. Broil for another 2 minutes until brown.
10. Remove from the oven and allow them to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
11. Serve and enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge. They can last up to 3 days.
Calories 485 Fat 25g 38%Saturated Fat 12g 75% Cholesterol 206mg 69 % Sodium 635mg 28% Potassium 1057mg 30% Carbohydrates 6g 2% Fiber 1g4% Sugar 4g 4% Protein 54g 108 % Vitamin A 2940IU 59%Vitamin C 79.6mg 96% Calcium 164mg 16% Iron 1.5mg 8%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!