Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 25 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
In just 25 minutes, this Cajun Shrimp Pasta will be the dish to complete your dining table! Everyone is going to love this, it’s hard not to! With just one bite, you would want to eat the whole thing! I kid you not! Creamy sauce, fresh shrimp, and a lot more. What’s not to love? Give this recipe a try now. Enjoy!
1 tbsp olive oil
1 c heavy/whipping cream
1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
8 oz. of uncooked pasta
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 small onion chopped finely
3/4 lb. medium shrimp, thawed & peeled
Salt & pepper to taste
3 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese to taste
8 large leaves of basil, torn
1. Place a large pot with water on the stove and turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil.
2. Add the pasta and a bit of salt, then cook for a few minutes until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
3. Place a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
4. Add olive oil and butter, then allow them to become hot.
5. Add the onions, then sauté for a few minutes until a bit caramelized.
6. Add garlic, Dijon mustard, and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir and cook for one minute.
7. Add Cajun seasoning and cream, then stir until well blended. Simmer for a few more minutes until the texture of the sauce becomes smooth.
8. Add the shrimp, then cook for 5 minutes or until done. Sprinkle salt and pepper if needed.
9. Add the pasta and freshly chopped basil, then toss until well coated by the delicious sauce.
10. Sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese over each serving.
11. Serve and enjoy!
Make sure to taste first before adding more salt and pepper.
You can remove the tails of the shrimp if you prefer.
Calories: 563 kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 212mg | Sodium: 163mg | Potassium: 600mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1900IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!