Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 24 to 28 Servings
These delicious treats are my ultimate comfort food! These Spicy Baked Taquitos will surely make your day extra special! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! Serve them for lunch or dinner, and you have yourself a meal to remember. Enjoy!
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
24-48 6-inch small flour tortilla or corn tortillas
1 tbsp New Mexico chilli powder
3-6 jalapeños, diced (more for spicy, less for mild)
4 c shredded Colby Jack cheese
1 tsp onion powder
16 oz. lean ground beef (about 88%)
1 tsp ground cumin
1 c bacon crumbles (1 pound cooked and diced)
1 tsp kosher salt, plus more for sprinkling
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 218 degrees C or 425 degrees F.
2. Line with foil on two baking sheets, then apply cooking spray on them.
3. Place a 10-inch skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
4. Add the ground beef, then cook until crumbly and brown.
5. Add the jalapeños and sauté until soft.
6. Add 1 cup of water and the seasonings. Stir until well blended.
7. Simmer everything for about 10 minutes with cover.
8. Remove the lid, then simmer for a few more minutes.
9. Remove the skillet from the stove, then add the bacon. Stir until well mixed.
10. Add the cream cheese into a mixing bowl.
11. Add the beef mixture and stir until well blended with the cream cheese.
12. Add the cheese and stir until well blended.
13. Add 2 tbsp of the mixture over each tortilla, then roll and seal.
14. Arrange the taquitos onto the prepared baking sheet.
15. Apply cooking spray over the taquitos, then season with a bit of salt.
16. Place them inside the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until done.
17. Remove from the oven and allow them to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
18. Serve warm and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!