Yield: 14 Servings
These heavenly cookies are the most comforting treats I have ever had! This recipe is just too perfect that’s why I decided to share it with you! The combination of all the ingredients is so great that made this recipe extra special. Enjoy!
¾ c (68g) grated carrots (about 1 smallish medium, peeled first!)
½ c (120mL) pure maple syrup
1 large Egg, room temperature
2 tablespoons (28g) coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 c (100g) instant oats (measured like this and gluten-free if necessary)
⅛ teaspoon salt
¾ c (90g) whole wheat or gluten-free flour (measured like this)
1. Add flour, oats, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Whisk until well incorporated.
2. In another mixing bowl, add vanilla, coconut oil, and egg. Whisk until well blended.
3. Add the maple syrup, then stir until well blended.
4. Transfer the flour mixture into the bowl with the egg mixture, then stir until well mixed. Stir in the carrots.
5. Cover the dough with plastic wrap.
6. Place the dough inside the fridge to chill for about half an hour.
7. Prepare the oven and preheat to 325 degrees F.
8. Line with parchment paper a baking sheet.
9. Scoop the cookie dough, then drop each onto the prepared baking sheet. Use a spatula to gently flatten each cookie dough.
10. Place the baking sheet inside the preheated oven and bake the cookies for about 12 to 15 minutes or until done.
11. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to rest for about 15 minutes at room temperature.
12. Serve and enjoy!
Feel free to use honey in exchange for maple syrup.
You can use margarine instead of butter or coconut oil.
Make sure that the eggs are at room temperature before mixing them.
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them on the counter. They can last up to 1 week.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!