Oh, my! I have never been more satisfied in my life! This delicious treat will surely make your day extra special! Give this recipe a try now and prepare to fall in love in just one bite! Have a great day, friends. Enjoy!
3 heaping tablespoons (12 g) of black tea/Irish breakfast tea/Assam tea leaves
1 c (207 grams) of whole milk
1 1/2 stick (170 grams) of unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 c (106 grams) of granulated sugar
2 large Eggs (not extra-large), room temperature
1/3 c (96 grams) of honey + 3 tablespoons
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 c (270 grams) of cake flour, or all-purpose
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of fine salt
Honey whipped cream:
1/2 c of heavy cream, cold
2 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons of honey
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Add the tea leaves into a grinder, then grind until they resemble coarse ground.
3. Place a saucepan with milk on the stove. Add the ground tea leaves, then stir until well mixed.
4. Turn the heat to medium and simmer for a few minutes.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool completely.
6. In a mixing bowl, add sugar and butter. Beat until well blended.
7. Add the eggs gradually and beat every addition until well mixed.
8. Add vanilla extract and 1/3 cup of honey, then beat until well mixed.
9. In a mixing bowl, add the flour, salt, and baking powder. Whisk until well mixed.
10. Transfer the flour mixture gradually into the cooled milk mixture, then beat until well combined.
11. Brush with melted butter a loaf-pan, then sprinkle flour over.
12. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
13. Swirl honey over the batter about 3 tablespoons.
14. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about an hour or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
15. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
16. In a mixing bowl, add the sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, and honey. Whisk until they form stiff peaks.
17. Place it inside the fridge to chill for a few minutes.
18. Slice the cake into even pieces.
19. Serve with honey whipped cream. Enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!