Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 15mins | Total: 25 mins | Servings: 12 | Yield: 12 biscuits
I have been fascinated by this Cheddar Onion Drop Biscuits, and it is something I want to see in the kitchen table and eat every morning. My mother used to make this when I was young, and I remember waking up with the smell of these biscuits. I studied overseas when I was in college, and every time I visit home, I frequently ask my mom to make me some of these biscuits at times where I feel like I needed something familiar. Such tasty biscuits have a savory flavor of Cheddar and onion. It fits in winter with a bowl of chili or a hearty soup, or in summer with a main dish salad. It’s crispy on the outside and fluffy inside. Try this recipe for Cheddar Onion Drop Biscuits, and don’t forget to share and enjoy it with your family and friends.
(2 ¼) cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
3 tbsp butter
1 tbsp dried minced onion
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 ½ cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 (1% ) cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add and whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Slice butter into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Then stir onion, Parmesan cheese, and Cheddar cheese into the flour mixture. Pour buttermilk into the bowl, stir until evenly combined. Then drop by 1/4-cupfuls onto a prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
3. In the preheated oven, bake it until the tops of the biscuits are lightly brown for 12 to 15 minutes. Serve warm.
1. The most important thing to keep in mind is to use a gentle hand to prevent overworking the pastry.
2. You can freeze these from a frozen state, and bake them. Just add 3-5 minutes in the baking time.
Per Serving: 191.3 calories; fat 8.9g 14% DV; cholesterol 26.2mg 9% DV; sodium 350.8mg 14% DV; protein 8g 16% DV; carbohydrates 19.5g 6% DV.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!