Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 20mins | Additional: 5 mins | Total: 45 mins | Servings: 18 | Yield: 18 biscuits
It is one daughter’s favorite snack, thanks to my grandmother, who introduced the recipe to me. The buttermilk dough bakes on top of a pile of grated cheddar, adding not only a beautifully caramelized taste but a clever textured dimension in the form of crisp, lacy “feet” forming around the bottom of each biscuit. Fill the mix with a lot of chopped scallion, and it is a fun, happy match of the ages. It is something we serve during family gatherings because it’s what my grandma wants. Out of all the recipes she, this one is her favorite. Try this recipe for Cheddar-Scallion Buttermilk Biscuits, and don’t forget to share this with your loved ones.
(2 ¼) cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp of grill seasoning (like McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal Steak Seasoning)
¼ tsp baking soda
¾ cup cold, unsalted butter, shredded on a box grater
(1 ¼) cups buttermilk
¾ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
¼ cup of minced green onion, white and green parts
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1. Prepare the oven, preheat oven 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
2. Add and whisk flour, baking powder, salt, steak seasoning, and baking soda in a large bowl. Add and blend shredded butter with your fingertips until the mixture is crumbly.
3. Add and pour buttermilk into the bowl, stir with a stiff rubber spatula until you have a soft, moist dough that holds together. Then fold in Cheddar cheese and scallions quickly, mixing just until all of the flour is incorporated.
4. Then drop the biscuit dough onto a large baking pan using a two-tbsp of a cookie scoop, spacing them 3 to a row. Brush tops of biscuits with melted butter gently.
5. Bake until biscuits are golden brown on the outside and nicely risen, and cook through on the outside, for 17 to 22 minutes.
Per Serving: 167 calories; fat 11.2g 17% DV; cholesterol 30.4mg 10% DV; sodium 308.9mg 12% DV; protein 3.7g 8% DV; carbohydrates 13.1g 4% DV.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!