Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 10 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
I miss home all the time, so I make sure that I cook this recipe that my Grandma gave me! Try it and you will feel at home in every bite, I’m telling you! Have a blissful day, everyone, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
½ lb ground beef
¾ c onion chopped
¾ c Carrots shredded
¾ c celery diced
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
4 tbsp butter divided
3 c chicken broth
4 c peeled potatoes diced, about 1-¾ pounds
¼ c all-purpose flour okay to use gluten-free
12 oz pepper jack Velveeta
1-½ c milk
¾ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ c sour cream
1. Place a 3-quart saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add the ground beef and cook until crumbly and brown. Discard any excess grease. Remove from the pan onto a clean plate.
3. In the same pan, add butter and allow it to melt.
4. Add the onion, carrots, basil, and celery. Saute until soft.
5. Add the broth and scrape the bottom to get the brown bits. Allow the mixture to boil.
6. Turn the heat down to low, then cover the pan. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until done.
7. Place a small skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
8. Add the rest of the butter and allow it to melt.
9. Add the flour, then stir and cook for about 5 minutes or until it starts to bubble.
10. Transfer it into the pan with the soup, then stir until well blended and cook for another 2 minutes.
11. Add the milk, cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed and the cheese has melted completely.
12. Remove the pan from the heat, then add the sour cream and stir until well blended.
13. Serve hot and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!