Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
Try this recipe and enjoy the rich cheesy taste of this dish! Be very generous with the amount of cheese that you are going to add. Just do it and thank me later! Feel free to tweak this recipe to your preference. Have a wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
½ lb ground beef
¾ c onion chopped
¾ c Carrots shredded
¾ c celery diced
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
4 tbsp butter divided
3 c chicken broth
4 c peeled potatoes diced, about 1-¾ pounds
¼ c all-purpose flour okay to use gluten-free here
12 oz pepper jack Velveeta
1-½ c milk
¾ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ c sour cream
1. Place a pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add the ground beef, then cook until crumbly and brown. Remove the meat from the pan onto a clean plate.
3. Add butter into the same pan and allow it to melt.
4. Add the carrots, onion, celery, parsley, and basil. Saute for a few minutes until the veggies are soft.
5. Put the ground beef back into the pan as well as the broth and potatoes. Stir until just mixed, then allow the mixture to boil.
6. Cover the pan and let the mixture simmer for about 10 minutes until the potatoes are fork-tender.
7. Place a small skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
8. Add butter and allow it to melt.
9. Add flour, then whisk and cook for a few minutes.
10. Transfer the flour mixture into the pan, then stir until well mixed. Let it boil again for at least 2 minutes.
11. Turn the heat down to low, then add milk, cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir until well blended.
12. Remove the pan from the heat, then add the sour cream. Stir until well blended.
13. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 352kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 1319mg | Potassium: 861mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2715IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 309mg | Iron: 2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!