Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 10 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
This luscious dish will surely make your day extra special! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! What I love the most about this recipe is the simplicity of all the ingredients. I am sure that you have them right now so what are you waiting for? Try this recipe now and prepare to be amazed. Enjoy!
½ lb ground beef
¾ c onion chopped
¾ c Carrots shredded
¾ c celery diced
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
4 tbsp butter divided
3 c chicken broth
4 c peeled potatoes diced, about 1-¾ pounds
¼ c all-purpose flour okay to use gluten-free here
12 oz pepper jack Velveeta
1-½ c milk
¾ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ c sour cream
1. Place a medium saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add the ground beef and cook until crumbly and brown.
3. Remove the brown beef from the pan onto a clean plate.
4. In the same pan, add butter and allow it to melt.
5. Add the carrots, onion, basil, celery, and parsley. Sauté until the veggies are soft.
6. Add the potatoes, broth, and brown beef. Stir until just mixed, then allow the mixture to boil.
7. Turn the heat down to low and cover the pan. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
8. Place a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
9. Add butter and allow it to melt.
10. Add the flour, then whisk and cook until it starts to bubble.
11. Transfer it into the soup and stir until well mixed.
12. Allow the soup to boil for about 2 minutes.
13. Turn the heat down to low, then add milk, cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for a few minutes until the cheese has melted completely.
14. Remove the pan from the heat, then add sour cream and stir until well mixed.
15. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!