Prep Time: 45 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 55 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
This Cheeseburger Soup is so heartwarming that you would want to have it pretty much all the time! The best appetizer to serve when you have guests or even just a simple family meal! Try this recipe now and taste perfection yourself. Enjoy!
1/2 lb. ground beef
1 tsp dried basil
3 c chicken broth
1-1/2 c whole milk
1/4 c all-purpose flour
3/4 c diced celery
4 tbsp butter, divided
1-3/4 lbs. (about 4 c) cubed peeled potatoes
3/4 c chopped onion
3/4 c shredded carrots
1/4 to 1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
1/4 c sour cream
3/4 tsp salt
2 to 4 c shredded Velveeta
1. Place a pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add the ground beef, then cook for about 6 to 8 minutes or until crumbly and brown. Transfer onto a clean plate.
3. Add 1 tbsp of butter into the same pan and allow it to melt.
4. Add the carrots, onion, parsley, basil, and celery. Sauté for about 10 minutes or until soft.
5. Add the broth and potatoes, then stir until well blended.
6. Add the ground beef back into the pot, then cook everything for about 12 minutes.
7. Place a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
8. Add the rest of the butter and allow it to melt.
9. Add the flour, then whisk and cook for about a minute to remove the raw taste. Allow the mixture to boil.
10. Transfer the flour mixture into the pot with the soup. Stir until well blended and cook for about 2 minutes.
11. Turn the heat down to low, then add the milk, cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir until well blended.
12. Simmer everything for a few more minutes until the cheese has melted completely.
13. Remove from the heat, then add sour cream and stir until well blended.
14. Serve and enjoy!
Feel free to add bacon to this recipe, for extra flavors.
1 Cup: 450 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 1421mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!