Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 12 Servings
Hello there, friends! If you are looking for a new and easy recipe to try today, then you have got to give this one a try! These Cheesecake Egg Rolls are such delights! A big thanks to my sister, Lyka, for sharing this recipe with me. Now, allow me to share it with you as well! How awesome is that? Here you go! You are more than welcome to tweak this recipe to your liking. Enjoy!
FOR THE SAUCE:
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons water
2 cups chopped strawberries
FOR THE EGGROLLS:
Vegetable oil, for frying
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
12 Eggroll wrappers
2 (8-ounces) blocks of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
Pinch kosher salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
Powdered sugar, for garnish
1. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add sugar, water, and strawberries. Stir until well blended. Simmer the mixture for about 4 minutes or until it turns into a jam. Make sure to stir from time to time. Transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl.
3. Add sour cream, vanilla, cream cheese, kosher salt, and sugar into a mixing bowl. Beat until well blended.
4. Lay an egg roll wrapper onto a flat surface with a pointy part facing you.
5. Add 3 tbsp of the cream cheese mixture in the middle of the wrapper. Fold, seal, and roll. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients.
6. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
7. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
8. Add the egg rolls into the hot skillet, then fry for about a minute or until they turn golden brown.
9. Remove the egg rolls from the skillet and place them onto a clean plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
10. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
11. Serve right away with strawberry sauce. Enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!