Prep Time: 45 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 6 Servings
I love how all the ingredients complement each other to make such delicious treats! These heavenly braids will surely make your day extra special! Feel free to add more ingredients if you wish. Have a beautiful day, friends. Enjoy!
2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
1 c warm water
2 teaspoons sugar
2-2 1/2 c flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 ounces cream cheese softened
2 c chicken cooked and diced
2 c broccoli steamed and cooled, chopped
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 c cheese shredded, divided
1 teaspoon water
1. Add warm water, yeast, and sugar into a medium mixing bowl. Stir until well combined.
2. Let the mixture rise for 5 minutes.
3. Add olive oil, salt, and flour. Whisk until well combined. Allow it to rest for about 30 minutes.
4. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
5. In a mixing bowl, add chicken, broccoli, cream cheese, 1/2 cup of cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
6. Transfer the dough onto parchment paper and slice it use a rolling pin to shape it into 15×20-inches.
7. Add the chicken mixture over the dough and spread it evenly.
8. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
9. Slice the dough into even strips.
10. Fold each strip and tuck the ends.
11. In a mixing bowl, add water and egg. Beat until well mixed.
12. Brush each braid with the egg wash and season each with a bit of salt.
13. Place them inside the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
14. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
15. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 467 | Calories from Fat 225 | Fat 25g 38% | Saturated Fat 12g 75% | Cholesterol 61mg 20% | Sodium 642mg 28% | Potassium 269mg 8% | Carbohydrates 47g 16% | Fiber 3g 13% | Sugar 3g 3% | Protein 15g 30% | Vitamin A 886IU 18% | Vitamin C 27mg 33% | Calcium 198mg 20% | Iron 3mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!