Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 35 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
Packed with cheese and meat, these Quesadillas will surely satisfy all your cravings today! All you need is 35 minutes of your time. Try this recipe now, and I promise you that it is worth all your efforts. Enjoy!
2 tablespoons Olive Oil, or as needed
6 8-inch Flour Tortillas
1/2 teaspoon each: Onion Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Cornstarch/Cornflour (see notes)
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
2 teaspoons each: Paprika, Cumin
1/2 c / 125ml Water or Low Sodium Beef Stock
1 teaspoon each: Garlic Powder, Oregano, Salt
1 heaped tbsp Tomato Puree (Tomato Paste in the US)
Olive Oil, as needed
1 pound / 500g Lean Ground Beef
1 small White Onion, finely diced
1/2 can Black Beans, rinsed
1 small Red Pepper (bell pepper), finely diced
1.5 c / 150g Cheddar, shredded
1 c Pickled Jalapenos, sliced (optional)
1.5 c / 150g Monterey Jack, shredded
1. Add 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 2 teaspoons cumin, 2 teaspoons paprika, cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, oregano, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper into a mixing bowl. Whisk until well blended.
2. Place a pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the red pepper and onion, then saute for a few minutes until soft.
5. Add the ground beef, then cook until crumbly and brown.
6. Add the spices, then stir until well blended.
7. Add 1 tablespoon of tomato puree, then stir until well blended. Cook for a minute.
8. Add 1/2 cup of water, then scrape the bottom of the pan to get the browned bits.
9. Add 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch, then stir until well mixed.
10. Add 1/2 can of black beans, then stir until well mixed. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
11. Transfer the mixture into a large bowl. Let the beef rest for a few minutes.
12. Use paper towels to wipe clean the pan.
13. Brush the sides of each tortilla wrap with oil.
14. Add them into the pan, then top each with 1/4 cup of cheese, 1/2 cup of beef, jalapenos, and 1/4 cup of more cheese. Fold each tortilla in half.
15. Cook each side for a few minutes until they turn golden brown.
16. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 587 | Calories from Fat 285 | Fat 31.67g 49% | Saturated Fat 14.132g 71% | Trans Fat 0.835g | Polyunsaturated Fat 2.34g | Monounsaturated Fat 11.805g | Cholesterol 104mg35% | Sodium 779mg32% | Potassium 698mg20% | Carbohydrates 38.6g13% | Fiber 4.6g18% | Sugar 3.61g4% | Protein 37.57g75% | Vitamin A 1325IU27% | Vitamin C 22.5 mg27% | Calcium 447mg45% | Iron 4.62 mg26%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!