Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 6 Servings
Packed with bacon, cheese, chicken, and a lot more, this recipe will surely make your day extra special! Leftover of this is what I love the most!
3 large chicken breasts – cut into bite-size chunks
100 grams strong cheddar cheese – grated
400 grams dried pasta shapes – (I used rigatoni)
2 cloves garlic – peeled and minced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ teaspoon dried oregano
1 yellow bell pepper – de-seeded and chopped
Small bunch of parsley – roughly torn
1 red bell pepper – de-seeded and chopped
6 rashers cooked bacon – chopped
100 grams of fresh baby spinach
1 tablespoon tomato puree
800 grams tinned chopped tomatoes
A pinch of salt and pepper
120 ml double (heavy) cream
½ teaspoon dried thyme
1 large onion – peeled and chopped
100 grams mozzarella – grated
1. Prepare the oven and preheat 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
2. Refer to the directions provided on the package of the pasta on how to cook it. Drain and set aside.
3. Place a large frying pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
4. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Add the chicken, then cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Add onion, then sauté for 3 minutes or until translucent.
7. Add garlic, thyme, chopped peppers, tomato puree, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for 2 more minutes.
8. Add cream and tinned tomatoes, then stir until well mixed. Bring the mixture to a boil.
9. Immediately add the pasta, bacon, and spinach. Stir until well mixed.
10. Empty the pan into a large baking dish and spread it evenly.
11. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese on top.
12. Put it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely.
13. Remove from the oven, then sprinkle freshly chopped parsley on top to garnish.
14. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!