Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 1hr 25mins | Total: 1hr 50 mins | Serving: 6 | Yield: 6 serving
Do you want a delicious way to use your leftover ham? Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham is a simple smothered leftover ham and potato casserole in a smooth homemade cheese sauce. It can be eaten conveniently as a side dish or as the main event. It is a great way to change typical scalloped potatoes into a dish worthy of becoming the dinner star.
Tender potatoes and salty ham pair together with a creamy, cheesy sauce. This casserole ham and potato is heart-warming, substantial, and oh so cheesy. It is a dish that my family never seems to be getting enough. Trust me when I tell you in your life that you need these Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes with Ham. If you’re using your leftover holiday ham as a side dish or making it into a delicious family meal, the Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes with Ham will surely reach a home run.
4 cups peeled and sliced potatoes
2 cups diced ham
(½) onion, chopped
2 cups of milk
1 cup frozen peas
3 tbsp of all-purpose flour
2 tbsp butter
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
⅛ tsp garlic powder
⅛ tsp onion powder
1 tsp dried parsley
¼ pound Cheddar cheese, diced
(1) pinch paprika, or to taste
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Add and layer half the potatoes, half the ham, and half the onion in a 2-quart baking dish, repeat the layers.
3. In a saucepan, heat milk, peas, flour, butter, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder over medium heat until thickened for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Stir Cheddar cheese into sauce until cheese melts.
5. Pour sauce over potato and ham mixture, and then sprinkle with paprika.
6. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
7. Bake until potatoes are tender for an hour in the preheated oven.
8. Take the foil away and continue baking for 15 minutes more until lightly browned.
Per Serving: 337.3 calories; 58.8 mg cholesterol; 910 mg sodium; 17.7 g protein; 31.3 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!